Kami Whiteis takes over the University of Mobile’s new co-ed competitive cheer team for the inaugural 2016-17 season after four seasons leading the school’s cheerleading squad that cheered at UMobile basketball games. Whiteis cheered collegiately at Wisconsin-La Crosse and has coached numerous high school teams.
- Started coaching the school’s cheer squad in 2012
- 2016-17 will be her first season as head coach of the co-ed competitive cheerleading team
Prior to Mobile
- Has coached numerous high school teams
- Top-5 finish for Bloomington Jefferson at the UPA National Cheer Championship in St. Paul, Minn.
- Served as instructor and judge at various cheer clinics and camps
- Competed and coached in gymnastics, skating and bodybuilding
- Cheered at Wisconsin-La Crosse 1994-97
- Captained her team to a Top-7 finish at the UCA Co-Ed National Championships in Orlando, Fla. In 1997
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology from Wisconsin-La Crosse
- Married to Dave Whiteis
- Children: Son Nolan and daughters Nora and Nina